- Prevent chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and stroke (the three leading health-related causes of death)
- Control weight
- Make your muscles stronger
- Reduce fat
- Promote strong bone, muscle, and joint development
- Condition heart and lungs
- Build overall strength and endurance
- Improve sleep
- Decrease potential of becoming depressed
- Increase your energy and self-esteem
- Relieve stress
- Increase your chances of living longer
Use this DRI calculator from the USDA Food & Nutrition Information Center to "calculate daily nutrient recommendations for dietary planning based on the Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs)".
About Health and Fitness
Image credit: Wellness Corporate Solutions
Physical activity is an essential component of a healthy lifestyle. In combination with healthy eating, it can help prevent a range of chronic diseases, including heart disease, cancer, and stroke, which are the three leading causes of death. Physical activity helps control weight, builds lean muscle, reduces fat, promotes strong bone, muscle and joint development, and decreases the risk of obesity (Let's Move, online).